Friday, 7 September 2012

Athletic Council - PTO picnic


So today was the PTO picnic and like every year I decided to help out with a stall, I decided to help with the athletic council stall, because the mercy children’s center desperately needed money. At our stall, we were going to have a ball toss, were competitors stand a certain distance away and try to get the ball into a marked  hole. SOUNDS easy right J !!. But is harder than it looks. I arrived at 12 to help set up and we spend ten minutes moving tables around till we got the perfect shooting place. Then we let the kids come and how we attracted so many, ask yourself what do little children like the most?
 The most obvious answer is CANDY, so we had a lot of candy at our stall. 

The objective is simple, if you get no balls in, you win a piece of candy, 1 ball in, you win 2 pieces of candy, 2 balls in, there was a better prize and 3 balls in, you get to choose from the BEST prize table. We had many children visit our stall throughout the day and many of them tried and kept coming back. There was this one girl that I especially admired, because she NEVR GAVE UP. Even though she missed the first couple of times, I think she returned to our stall at least 30 times. This is the kind of spirit that I admire, she was very determined to get 1 ball in.

At the end of the day, we were able to raise 25000 shillings which was all donated to the Mercy Children Center, who really need all the money they can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment