International Schools, South and East Africa Tournament
ISSEA is and International Schools South and East Africa
tournament that takes place twice a year. Once for volleyball and football and
the second time for basketball. The ISSEA teams consist of team of ten people
from seven schools in Africa. The seven countries to participate this year
where Kenya, Zimbabwe, Zambia, South Africa, Uganda, Tanzania and Ethiopia.
link to the picture page
I think this was my favorite ISSEA. It was in Kenya so we didn’t need to travel ,but it was still fun and competitive. In the beginning I was nervous because we were at home so there was a lot of pressure on us to win and also because ISK girls have been champions for the last 4 years, everybody was out to beat us, but I had confidence in my team and in myself. Last year there were also very many good teams. I knew that we had been practicing hard all year for this. Our first match was against ISU and since it was the first match of the competition we were all bit nervous because we knew that this would set the pace for the rest of the tournament. At the beginning, we started really strong and we continued strong. Throughout the tournament we played strong and never gave up. On the second day, Thursday, we were particularly nervous because we were playing, ICS and they are a team the we have had tough competition with over the years and the team we played in the finals last year.


Today we where a player short, because Rasha had gotten hit in the stomach with a hockey ball and was recovering. I was very nervous and so was the rest of my team, because this was our toughest competition last year. In the beginning I think we let nerves get to us and we weren’t playing as composed as we could have been playing, but we improved through the rest of the game and the rest of the day went pretty well for us as a team. When the day of the semi-finals came, I had just one of those moments, like I had in the final RVA game where everything went well for me and I just knew everything that was going on. I think this was my best came. After the finals, it was a NERVE WRECKING wait for the finals, we finished the semifinals at 11 and we had to wait till 4:30pm for the finals. At 4 we had a group get together where our captains gave a very inspiration speech and got us psyched for the game. It was a very good final, even though we had lapses in certain areas, we were always able to get the ball back and have good passes to the basket.
I think my favorite moment of ISSEA, is the new move I learned. We were sitting outside on the second day, after our ICS game and watching the ISK boys play and I saw joseph and kiri do this thing were the person was taking the ball down really fast and they had passed everybody, but then kiri and joseph would run up behind them and just when the person went up for the lay – up they would volleyball spike the ball against the backboard. I decided that before the tournament was over that I would learn to do this move and I think the first time I did it was when we were playing Lusaka and the ball handler had passed everybody and I got this jolt of energy and I ran super fast to catch up with her and just when she took the ball up, I came up behind her a smacked it against the backboard. I then did it many other times. I also think that in this tournament I got to work on my offensive game a lot and that I really improved a lot, and I can’t wait for next year J


No comments:
Post a Comment